Here at Arun Veterinary Group, we’re really proud to be accredited with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons’ (RCVS) Practice Standards Scheme. As vets, we’re well aware of how important this is for delivering excellence in quality of care to your pets, but we also know it’s not something most pet owners know much about.
What is RCVS Accreditation?
Simply put, just as Ofsted assures the community about the quality of schools, so the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme is your assurance about the quality of your veterinary practice.
The Practice Standards Scheme was first introduced in 2005, with the objective to ‘set, uphold and advance’ veterinary standards in veterinary practices and hospitals across the UK.
To become accredited, practices must demonstrate they adhere to stringent standards in the following areas:
- Customer service
- Cleanliness and hygiene
- Staff training and development
- Facilities and equipment
Why is RCVS Accreditation Important?
RCVS accreditation is important to you and your pet for a number of reasons:
- As accreditation is a voluntary initiative, membership indicates your vet is truly committed to delivering the gold standard of care across the board
- If your vet is accredited you’re assured the team and their services are held to the highest industry standard and are inspected regularly (including spot checks)
All our team members are proud to take part in the Practice Standards Scheme as it means they can confidently pass the following assurances to our valued clients:
- Delivery of the highest standard of veterinary care
- A guarantee that all team members are appropriately qualified for the important roles they play in the health of local pets
- Top quality standard operating procedures
- Regular service and maintenance of all our equipment
- That practice hygiene standards are second to none
Most importantly for clients like ours, who rely on the quality and consistency of care that Arun Vet Group provides, it means full provisions are made for 24 hour emergency cover.
Does RCVS Accreditation Make It More Expensive?
Being an accredited member of the Practice Standards Scheme should not make your vet more expensive. However it will certainly ensure you’re receiving value.
Adherence to the Practice Standards Scheme means all our medications are sourced from reputable suppliers and those medications are subject to strict dispensing rules, as well as undergoing rigorous temperature testing. Our billing processes are similarly transparent, ensuring clients receive full estimates for any procedures and are kept up to date with their pet’s treatment at all times.
How Can I Find Out If My Practice Is Registered?
Most accredited practices will have the logo on their website, however if you’re not sure we’d recommend giving them a call to find out. Any practice or hospital taking part in the scheme will be more than happy to talk to you about it.
Find Out More